Sage Valmiki asks Narada, “Who is the one person in the world…
- with high attributes – affable to everyone, valiant, virtuous, principled, thankful, true to his word, determined in his deed
- highly adept, benign to all beings, scholar with adorable ability and admirable personality, and who is pleasant to look at
- who is a courageous one, who has controlled ire, who is non-emulative, non-jealous and by whom, even the gods are afraid, when angered in a battlefield?” [SIXTEEN prime qualities]
In response to Valmiki’s question, Narada gives a beautiful, powerful, and impactful synopsis named: Sankshe:pa Ramayanam.
This synopsis lets one quickly experience the life of Rama Chandra. An interesting aspect that one can observe throughout this historic epic is how he captivated everyone through His qualities. These qualities are the reason why He is worshipped till date.
Maha Vishnu descended as Rama (vibhava avatar) to pacify sages from the atrocities of Ravana. How did He do that? Definitely not magic, only through qualities of a perfect human being!
He was an embodiment of primely 16 glorious guna:s (qualities). The true sampada (wealth) of the Rama avatar constituted His mesmerising qualities, and of course all the abilities driven by those qualities. Such incarnations are also therefore called ‘vibhava avataaras’ (vibhava means wealth).
– From the discourse of Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji
– March 24th, 2019 (as part of Sri Rama Krathuvu)
-Vijaya Kiladri, Sankshe:pa Ramayanam