Vijayakeeladri is mentioned in historical documents as a place of Lord Venkateswara as early as 1904. In 1961-62, HH Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji started to develop this Vijayakeeladri temple and Lord Venkateswara was consecrated at that time. However, due to His involvement in the major 108 Sri Rama Krathu Programs, this project took a back seat. Meanwhile a few devotees constructed a temple for the Lord at the foot of the Vijayakeeladri hill itself.
HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji, after seeing the history, took it up as a mission to develop this Vijayakeeladri into a major spiritual and educational retreat.
HH concluded mangalasasanams by sharing the good news that 108 inches Ramanuja statue in hard cement will be laid on the Vijayakeeladri mountain which is in-front of Sitanagaram asramam. This statue will last for atleast 800 years. While Ramanuja statue in Samshabad will be surrounded by 108 divya desams, the Vijayakeeladri hill here will be consecrated with Vaikuntta Nattha, Vyuha Vasudeva ( 4 temples), Vibhava forms (dasa avatharas), 24 forms ( Kesava, Narayana, Madhava – 24 temples), exclusive temples for Lord Rama, Lord Krushna, Lord Venkateswara and Lord Varaha, Ashta Lakshmi temples, alwars and acharyas.
In the presence of HH Swamiji, Sriman Gokaraju Ganga Raju M.P of Narasapuram & President of Jeeyar Educational Trust and Sriman Jupalli Rameswara Rao-Maha cement are visited the Vijayakeeladri mountain in Sitanagaram.Sriman P.Venkatacharya and Chakradharji explained the progress of the road work on the Vijayakeeladri mountain.